ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: what I want to see in the next version of ant
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 07:58:24 GMT
> And we must analyze and _vote_ for each new API or feature -
> otherwise we'll have yet another revolution for 2.1 or 3.0.

That's fine by me, although the higher-level architecture obviously needs to be decided on
before we can really understand whether or not a certain feature will fit in appropriately.

I have no objections to taking 18 months, even longer, trying to get 2.0 right - but it seems
to me that now is the time to really move on it. Ant 1.5 is in good shape, and should serve
the needs of the community well in the interim.

Jon