ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: Why stop at JDK1.2? Only semi-serious question...
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:39:37 GMT
> You can still emulate this by wrapping all your assert's in an
>
> if (RELEASE) {
>   assert ...;
> }
>
> with RELEASE a static final boolean... --DD

Yeah, but that's just a horrible hack, IMO - and indeed in a lot of cases you *do* still want
to be able to enable assertions where they're available, even in released kits.

I'm investigating BCEL for the assertion stripping - it looks like it could actually be very
simple. It may or may not be useful for Ant, but I'm sure I'll find a use for it at some stage
:)

Jon