ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: Death of a mutant ...
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 22:35:59 GMT
> I personally do not plan on ever doing Java 1.1 development,
> and would like
> to build Ant's engine in the most modern way possible
> without, as Stephane
> put so well, duplicating or wrapping everything.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "in the most modern way possible" myself: that would imply
using assertions and even perhaps the prototype generics compiler. Great for personal projects,
but really bleeding edge stuff isn't considered stable by as many people as (say) 1.3.1. This
isn't to say we shouldn't move with the times to some extent - as I've said before, I'd love
Ant to come out of the dark ages of 1.1 in terms of collections etc.

Just MHO.

Jon