ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: Death of a mutant ...
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 08:00:44 GMT
[Others have commented on mutant itself. I can't say I've looked at either mutant or myrmidon
in sufficient detail to comment. I *will* say that I'd rather see it hived off somewhere in
CVS but still "active" in that sense than deleted.]

> BTW, if another committer would like to take over management
> of the Ant mailing lists, I think that would make sense since
> I will be taking a break. Please send an email to apmail@apache.org

I'd be happy enough to do so - what does it involve, mostly? (I'm a moderator for the log4j
lists, so I know about that side of it, but I don't know about actual management.) Any comments
about what kind of qualities the management requires?

That would salve my conscience somewhat for my lack of recent Ant activity - I've been *sort*
of holding off waiting for Ant 1.5 to get out of the door, but I don't think I can use that
as a full excuse :)

(That's another reason why I'm in favour of sorting out where Ant2 is going in the reasonably
near future, as well - if it *will* be a new codebase, I'd rather start tidying up documentation
of that than attacking another set of Ant1 packages :)

Jon