ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <stephane.baill...@haht.com>
Subject Netrexx (was: RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apach e/tools/ant/taskdefsDynamicTask.java [Viruschecked])
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:01:11 GMT

[netrexx]
> As I saw in the source, this.java was used to determine if
> the -java parameter to
> the NetRexx compiler should be set. It was never meant to be
> the super-super-super-
> this private variable. I think renaming it to
> this.generatejava is more clear than
> just this.java. Please DON'T REMOVE that option. It's used by
> all user who use
> jikes as their (post-) compiler!

I don't think so. As far as I can see in the source this variable was not
used AT ALL in the arguments when invoking netrexxx. IMHO IDEA just told
Peter 'this variable is unused' so he removed it, no need to keep unused
code. It obviouslly did not bother many people... :)

So this must probably be changed back and add the -java in the arguments.
As you seem fluent with netrexx, it would be nice if you could check for
this and submit a patch. :)

Stephane