ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <stephane.baill...@haht.com>
Subject RE: Ant 2 et al.
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 13:07:32 GMT

[...]
> > long list of task at jakarta that are available in '15462 places.
> 20 tasks 20 references.
> How many do you want to make as Ant optional?

I'm not only thinking about the one delivered with Ant as 'optional' but
also some that might be delivered as standalone because as I said the less
about external products there are in Ant the better. Say for example
Checkstyle that has its own task. How would you 'update' it ?

> There is no /need/ to reference others in the central repository.

> You just say (example):
>
>    ant -repo=http://jakarta.apache.org/ant -plugin=junit
> -version="1.1"

mm... this is actually the point. Don't you think this could just actually
register into a descriptor..descriptor that contains the list of
installed/to be install antlibs ?
This way issuing a "ant -plugin=all update" or whatever would update all the
registered plugins at once... I would not want to go through the command
line above for the 50 libs I have in my repository while a single one could
do just fine. :)