ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <stephane.baill...@haht.com>
Subject RE: Ant 2 et al.
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 09:58:36 GMT

The page still mentions that it is work in progress and not in production.
What is the reason ?

> Each project should maintain his own, and JJAR can easily handle it.
> It just needs someone looking over it, as you say.

> I have made my repo for the krysalis project, and before final
> release I will make the central JJAR repo reference mine for the
> krysalis stuff.

So... what does Ant has to do with this jar update ?
Sure Ant can takes advantage of jjar to update some libraries...but then
again it needs a central point of information..as we want to push more and
more tasks outside Ant..obviouslly people will need to provide a fully
defined ant plugin..it will need to be registered in Ant..and it would need
to be checked for new version when available. We'll certainly not maintain a
long list of task at jakarta that are available in '15462 places.

Say you have a bare bone Ant freshly downloaded...ok you need to 'download'
many plugins from many locations. how do you do that ? manually the first
time ? you modify a repository description of Ant and say 'plugin A,
http://' 'plugin B, http://", you run Ant with a specific command and go..it
updates(ie download the first time) every plugin and install them ?

Stephane