ant-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Fogel <kfo...@newton.ch.collab.net>
Subject Re: Hosting new Ant2 repository with SubVersion!?!?
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:10:56 GMT
Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> writes:
> Since they're self-hosted now, I'd say yes. And given the fact that it
> supports rename and move, it would be perfect for a highly changeable repo,
> which Ant2 is likely to be at first, and for refactorings.
>
> Somebody who knows Karl Fogel could ask him whether it was feasible and/or
> desirable. --DD

Oh -- I just saw this on another list, and sent the response below,
which would have been more appropriately sent to you folks in the
first place:

This doesn't conflict with an existing Makefile system, it just sits
parallel to -- and independent of -- the Makefile stuff, right?

(I'm unfortunately Ant-ignorant, due only to lack of time not lack of
interest.)

I think someone *did* submit an Ant task at one point; I'm not sure
what came of that.  I'll ping the list again, but first will wait for
answer to the above question, so I don't make nonsense on the list
:-).

-Karl