ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Newton" <snew...@standard.com>
Subject pvcs tasks idea and license question
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:16:26 GMT
Greetings all,

As a user and sometime contributer to the pvcs task for Ant I am
interested in greatly expanding the support -- and there are items in
bugzilla that need to be addressed more robustly.

My question is whether or not there is sufficient interest to make
this a target for 1.6, and if so, who would be able to give me some
guidance on possible licensing issues?

The source code I would like to use as a starting point comes from a
pvcs vm add-in for JBuilder.  Currently the code is licensed under the
GPL (v2 or later) and I know there are issues with GPL'd code in Ant.

I have made some attempts to get in touch with the original author,
William R. Spencer, but none of the contacts I have for him have
yielded any responses.

There are some really good pieces of code for pvcs features, like
get/put, checkin/checkout, lock/unlock, history, and so forth, that
would put Ant's support for pvcs on as good of a footing as other
scm tools, but clearly before I can integrate this code there are some
hurdles to overcome.

Thanks in advance for your advice and assistance!

                  Steven E. Newton, Software Developer
     Standard Insurance Company, 1100 SW Sixth Ave -- 503.321.8729