ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Pahucki, Nathan" <NPahu...@silverstream.com>
Subject Custom Task That Accepts a fileset
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 21:45:05 GMT
I am writing a custom task for Ant 1.5 (release) that is supposed to accept
a fileset. I have the public void addFileset(FileSet fs) method, however,
when I run the task, I get an Exception from the IntrospectionHelper saying
that the task does not accept the "fileset" nested element. The thing that
absolutely baffles me is that this same method is used in ant-provided tasks
(like Copy or Delete) and works fine. I have also tried the createFileset
and addConfiguredFileset methods to no avail.

I dug into the IntrospectorHelper a little, and discovered that the
nestedCreators (Hasthable) member variable, at the end of the constructor
does have an entry for fileset (as it should). However, when the
createElement() method is called, the nestedCreators has absolutely nothing
in it, and so the nestedCreator for fileset is null, and so I get the
exception. Perhaps there is a bug here, or I am just not doing something
right.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is XML in the build file:

<filelist>
	<fileset dir="${silverfoundry.repositorydir}" >
		<patternset>
			   <exclude name="CVSROOT"/>
		</patternset>
	</fileset>
</filelist>

And here is the add method:

     /**
     * Adds a set of files (nested fileset attribute).
     */
    public void addFilesets(FileSet fs) {
        fileSets.add(fs);
    }

StackTrace upon failure:

file:C:/Projects/SFProjectManager/scripts.xml:59: The <filelist> data type
doesn't support the nested fileset" element.
at
org.apache.tools.ant.IntrospectionHelper.createElement(IntrospectionHelper.j
ava:549)
at
org.apache.tools.ant.helper.ProjectHelperImpl$NestedElementHandler.init(Proj
ectHelperImpl.java:960)
at
org.apache.tools.ant.helper.ProjectHelperImpl$DataTypeHandler.startElement(P
rojectHelperImpl.java:1137)
at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.j
ava:415)
at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.startElement(XMLNamespaceBinder.ja
va:571)
at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(XMLDTDValidator.java
:756)
at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDo
cumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:752)
at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatc
her.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1453)
at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocume
ntFragmentScannerImpl.java:333)
at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:524)

at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.java:580)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:152)
at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:116
9)
at
org.apache.tools.ant.helper.ProjectHelperImpl.parse(ProjectHelperImpl.java:1
55) 	at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:117)

at
com.sssw.foundry.managment.util.RemoteAntInvoker.runAntTarget(RemoteAntInvok
er.java:37)
at com.sssw.foundry.managment.Test.main(Test.java:13)