ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Top level tasks
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 23:15:30 GMT
At 04:55 PM 7/15/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Now the question to those people that have already done what I'm
>trying to do in Mutant and Myrmidon: How have you done that?  Why have
>you done it that way?

Mainly as it was the cleanest way to support ant1.x behaviour.

>Right now I'd say that ProjectHelper should stuff all top level tasks
>and data types into an anonymous target and hand that target of to
>Project.  If project is asked to execute, then run this implicit
>target before calling anything else.
>
>Would this work or am I missing some (maybe obvious) problems?

It works but as I stated in last mail the user should never directly be
able to execute this "target". We did this by using a "reserved" name
'<init>' and followed in a pattern similar to how java .class files
interpret their special reserved sections '<init>' and '<cinit>'