ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with EJBC
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2002 10:15:41 GMT
At 12:35 AM 7/13/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>--- Stephane Bailliez <sbailliez@apache.org> wrote:
> > btw, you're using Perforce now in your shop, right ? How is it ?
>
>A pleasure, as always. Been using it since before it even was Perforce --
>about (can it really be?) 10 years now (where does the time go?). I use
>the freebie on my home machine for my own source (takes about 2 minutes to
>pick up and set up). I think they also may have some policy set up for
>open source projects (not sure, though, or about the details).

Yep - perforce rocks and you can use it for free if your are opensource and
dont mind hosting the repo with them.

>  The new
>Subversion stuff is supposed to have atomic changes, and a similar
>approach to branching as Perforce does -- but it's pretty hard to see any
>long-established project switching to another tool (even an open source
>one), since it'd have a pretty significant impact. (Sure wouldn't mind
>seeing it happen, though -- CVS is just so clunky.)

CVS sucks. One of the good things about subversion is that there is almost
a 1-to-1 mapping with CVS interface/functionality. So hopefully it is
simple to migrate between tools with little trouble. I can't wait till
apache starts hosting subversion repos!

Cheers,

Peter Donald
everyone gets busy on the proof."