ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant-myrmidon/antlib/src/java/org/apache/antlib/project AddTargetTask.java
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2002 08:28:25 GMT
At 12:32 PM 7/2/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>   - Changed DefaultProjectBuilder, so that it builds projects with a
> single <init> target,
>     containing the entire project, including all the <target> elements
> (which get added
>     as targets as the <init> target executes).  Also cleaned out
> ConvertingModelBuilder,
>     since there is no longer any need for it to reorder the top-level
> elements.

Not a fan of this. It makes it difficult (impossible?) to have a GUI
frontend to look at all the targets in project or whatever. Because there
is only one "<init>" target.

As a matter of fact I can't really see any benefit of dynamically adding
targets to a project at all? Is there something that can be done via this
method that can not be done with templates?