ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: Example for <present> selector
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:50:45 GMT
At 11:27 PM 7/11/2002 -0700, Diane Holt wrote:
>--- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
> > Either I don't understand <present> or the example in the docs is
> > missing a <not>.  Could somebody please tell me that my logic is not
> > broken?
>
>I think it's missing a 'present="srconly"' (assuming I'm reading the
>attribute table correctly). Then again, that seems like it would amount to
>the same thing as a <not>. (I'd try experimenting with it for you, but I'm
>knee-deep in Jam [not of the fruit variety :)].)

My bad. I'll fix it.

Yes, "srconly" is the same as wrapping in <not>. I added it as a sort of
implicit documentation, to make it clear that you weren't going to end up
getting files in the destination directory that were not already in the
source directory (which would be another interpretation of <not>, but not
one compatible with selectors).