ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject RE: Problem with latest Selector patch?
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 19:44:04 GMT
At 11:42 AM 7/8/2002 -0500, Dominique Devienne wrote:
>Did 'cvs update', 'bootstrap', and 'build test' again this morning, on my
>work machine this time (Win2K, JDK 1.4.0_01 as well, by way faster and dual
>CPU), and get consistently the same failures on asserts in lines 232 & 245!
>When I comment out these two lines, the DateSelectorTest completes
>successfully (as does the entire Ant testsuite). Not sure what's wrong. --DD

Thanks for identifying the specific lines. That helped me narrow down what
might be wrong, anyway.

I'm still not sure how the same JDKs and OSes can create different
millisecond values, but it seems to be the case. Perhaps it has to do with
the file system being used (although that doesn't explain Stefan's results
with RedHat Linux). Anyway, it looks like avoiding absolute millisecond
values gets rid of the problem so I am adjusting the tests accordingly.