ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/helper
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:25:12 GMT

Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, <> wrote:
>>And we should recommend that only 'initialization' tasks
>>should be at top level
> +1 - together with some examples of what we consider "'initialization'
> tasks".  My list would be all property setting tasks as well as
> taskdef and typedef.  Others?

<tstamp> would be a good one that always has frustrated me to be in an
"init" target.  Also, <condition> would certainly be useful outside of
targets too for global initialization of properties (but I guess that
qualifies as a property setting task, as does <tstamp>).

So, I guess I'm not adding anything to the list :))

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message