ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick (Gus) Heck" <patrick.h...@olin.edu>
Subject Re: Vetoes are void? was Re: [VOTE] target-less build files - countingresults
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:29:03 GMT
Well you are right, though in the specific case I was refering to
nothing was final. I tend to like to see such constants attached to a
class that makes sense rather than collected in a constant bag. I'd also
consider creating singlton objects that held the resource...

I was also thinking of the more extreme case where a person actually
writes a bunch of non obj oriented code that does non-intializer type
work and gets run at startup before main. I'm sure someone out there is
doing that. There might even be a good reason for it... But I wouldn't
call it a good or clean use of java. IMHO it would be a hack that was
working around limitations of java if it was neccessary and just crappy
code if it wasn't. At least that is my opinion.

Gus