ant-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Vetoes are void? was Re: [VOTE] target-less build files - counting results
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:18:57 GMT
Patrick (Gus) Heck wrote:
>>>...is like having methodless classes with only
>>>a static part...
> In fact a colleague of mine just ran into exactly this type of java file
> (written by someone else) in some code he is working with. Scary but
> there are people out there who do scary things!

What's scary about them? In some circumstances Java
classes with only final static variables are a perfect
place for keeping magic constants, or hash tables (this
is where static initializers come into play).
I've seen this regularly in context of generated code.

In the same sense I could imagine build files wich
only define properties, to be imported. But then,
it's a matter of taste whether you like them or not.

J.Pietschmann