ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick (Gus) Heck" <patrick.h...@olin.edu>
Subject Re: Test - please ignore
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 18:49:42 GMT
IANAL but I seem to remember there was legislation a while back that
prohibited unsolicited email from mailing lists that had no removal
mechanism. I seem to remember that that was why the (usually broken)
removal addresses suddenly started appearing at the bottom of
advertising emails.

If my memory serves me correctly this seems like this would make an
interesting case for some abitious DA... they don't actually mantain the
list, but they are clearly distributing advertsing based on a list
without providing a removal mechanism. They just don't happen to own the
list.

I still say we remove them from the list if there is an obvious address
that matches them... and if possible ban their domain.

Gus