ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick (Gus) Heck" <patrick.h...@olin.edu>
Subject Re: Problems with <import>
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:51:29 GMT
Yes, but like most style issues it both a question of whether the author
can read it, and whether somebody else can understand it when the author
isn't available for questioning. Also the question is one of speed of
understanding as well. Also, your wording betrays the ease of
misunderstanding. A property used in this way isnt *for a target* it is
for the entire build. It may be that when the property is added it is
only referenced by that target, but then later another target is added
and uses it. Later the original target and the "associated" property are
removed and suddenly the build file breaks... Hopefully it is under CVS
so you can revert and findout what that target was set to... otherwise
you are up a creek without a paddle.

If the target is at the top people are more likely to say... hmm I
wonder what depends on this and search before removing it because there
is no suggestion that it is only used in a single target.

Gus