ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: Number Conversion
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2002 11:51:35 GMT
Don't forget that there is a class available already called FlexInteger
that does something similar. The 'o' and 'b' prefixes are non-standard,
aren't they? Whereas FlexInteger uses Integer.decode().

So I'm -0 on this change given that the wrapper classes already support
such capability.

Peter Donald wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to add a rule when we convert strings to attributes. This rule
> being;
> Hexadecimal numbers begin with 0x, Octal numbers begin with 0o and binary
> numbers begin with 0b, all other values are assumed to be decimal.
> It is backwards compatible (as it would be invalid to include 'x', 'o' or 'b'
> in number in previous versions of ant.
> This rule would apply to all numerics (int, short, byte, long etc).
> Any problesm with this?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message