ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: Problems with <import>
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2002 09:18:27 GMT wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 wrote:
>>>I mean that it's sensible to deprecate IMHO amy top-level task being
>>>run, and have them in <init>.
>>What do you mean "it's sensible to deprecate top-level tasks" ???
> Well, sorry for my reaction - I'm a bit sensitive to 'remove this
> because _I_ don't need it/like it'. We had some of that on tomcat,
> and it happens in other places.

Ok, np, I understood that ;-)

The fact is that we need to be able to run *any* task at init.
There are two options:

1) make all tasks runnable top-level
2) deprecate using top-level tasks and add an <init> tag

I favor 2, also because 1 vas vetoed I guess, it breaks some
functionality currently, and makes it possible to add tags between
target definitions, which is really confusing IMO, since it implies
wrongly that the tasks there will be run /between/ targets, which is not
the case.

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>