ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with <import>
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 19:04:12 GMT

costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> I'll check in a first version - it doesn't work very well yet.
> Import is implemented as a task ( now that it can be top-level ).
>
> What I'm going to do is change a bit the implementation of
> top-level tasks.
>
> They'll still be added to an implicit target, and that target
> will be executed first. But instead of achieving this by
> adding the special target as a dependency to each other target
> and relying on the deps graph, it'll be executed explicitely,
> after the parsing and construction of the model.
>
> This will be even closer to the original, and will allow
> other targets similar with <import>, with access to the
> processing model. The description handler will be another
> task that'll do this.
>
> Stefan, Nicola - comments ?

I still prefer explicit <init> and <destroy> targets to be executed
befor and after every build...

Anyway, I really cannot say anything of your solution, if not that
making it a task makes more use-cases possible, and is cool.
Commit, man, lemme see the code :-)

 >> As previously, my target is ant1.5,
>>I hope to be able to use this in the current build.

+1
For me this is a /requirement/ (as defined in ISO9000:2000, I've just
finished my auditor course :-) for Centipede.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -