ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick (Gus) Heck" <patrick.h...@olin.edu>
Subject Re: Top level tasks
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 18:29:51 GMT

Diane Holt wrote:

> --- Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:
> > What I would really like and what many people have asked me for
> > Centipede, is the possibility of having targets that are *always*
> > executed *before* and *after* the build.
>
> The problem I have with that is that it disallows the possibility of
> having targets that don't want done whatever those
> always-before/always-after targets do.

Well yes, but that just means don't put it there, but make your own task
that (almost) everything depends on. No change from the current state
really, just that there will be a convenient quick way of doing
universal dependance that doesn't add an item to every depends atribute
of every task, something that I find to be a bit of a pain.

Gus