ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <import> enhancement, it's done, but do you like how it works ?
Date Sun, 14 Jul 2002 09:46:26 GMT

costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> I was just thinking - how difficult would it be to implement this
> as an add-on task for ant1.5 ?

You mean the <import> tag?
Well, it already works for 1.5 AFAIK.

> I know <import> needs some support from the xml processor - if this
> can be done in ProjectHelper2 it would be possible to use it with 1.5,
> as oposed to waiting for 1.6.

Currently the patch is for ProjectHelperImpl, without namespace support.
Do you think it's time I port it to ProjectHelper2 and we stick to that?

> I am trying to get the classloader fixes into ProjectHelper2, and also
> the dynamic properties. Having it working with 1.5 will allow imediate
> use and get more feedback for 1.6.

Sure, that's exactly the plan.
I'll be using it in Centipede, so that it can become a sort of big test
for 1.6  :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -