ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <import> enhancement, it's done, but do you like how it works?
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 14:58:37 GMT

Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:
>  --- Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:
 >
>>The below things can all be done within
>>projecthelper, and maybe we
>>would need to add a new Task, but it still can be
>>used in 1.5.
>
> So are you planning to treat <antcall> in a special
> way? That would be the only way to modify the
> "super='1'" that is there? What happens if I <taskdef>
> my own version of <antcall/>?

Honestly, I was thinking of making a new task, and it can be done to map
antcall to that task.

Anyway now I think that since we would need to use the supertarget in
depends=, as yu correctly said, the best thing is to just give it a new
name.

Of course, this creates an incompatibility between the new imports and
the old buildfiles that used super.XXX targets, but it's the same thing
also with new tasks, ie if before the <condition> task I made *my*
condition task, the two would now be clashing.

I think it's a minor issue, in front of the fact that I don't see other
sane ways of making it possible to put them in depends="".

             - verba volant, scripta manent -