ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <import> enhancement, it's done, but do you like how it works?
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 14:31:00 GMT
dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com> wrote on 07/11/2002
> 11:45:23 PM:
>

>>I see no reason why you need to consider "super" as
>>special, from the point of view of the ANT engine. The
>>implementation just needs to do a syntactic rewrite.
>
> Yes, but it means something in particular. It's 'magic' for "call the
> replaced target". Magic != intuitive.

>>comments,
>
> I'd much rather stick with import and include as XSL defines them.
> Clearer, consistent with other technologies, and no messy super.stuff to
> be done.

xsl uses <apply-imports/> instead of reusing the calling template tag,
so I guessed that the best thing would be to make an <apply-import/>
tag trigger the calling of super().

But then I thought that it would eliminate the possibility of putting
the super.target in the depends="" part, so I made the "super." stuff.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -