ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick (Gus) Heck" <patrick.h...@olin.edu>
Subject Re: Ant Security
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:13:22 GMT
Is there some way that the jnlp/webstart mechanisms could be leveraged?
They build in security and won't accept unsigned jars. (The user may
accept jars with unverified signatures, but that is the user's problem).
I don't even know if this is possible, and particularly in light of the
need to run ant in headless environments, but I havn't looked at web
start more than copying their demo jnlp file, edit and make it run
something.

Clearly, use of this mechanism would need to be optional as it depends
on the other projects supplying signed jars and jnlp files, but would
allow projects that wanted to sign their ant.jar files to do so easily.

That is if it can be used this way, which it may not. I am only
speculating.

Gus