ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick (Gus) Heck" <patrick.h...@olin.edu>
Subject Re: Ant 2 et al.
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:31:21 GMT
e?

> You mean that you want to be able to run tasks by doing something like:
>
>    ant -task cvs diff -u Myfile.java
>
> Cool :-)
>
> Why don't we enable it?

How would that be supperior to:

cvs diff -u Myfile.java?

Perhaps you have a better example? On the other hand if I could use ant
to get a filelist from a fileset for an outside program, THAT would be
useful :). Dangerous too. I can imagine people writing scripts that make
ant task calls to do procedural things, and then execing them in the
buildfile.... That could make things quite incomprehensible and spread
them across many files, potentially in several script languages too.

But is that ant's problem or the developer's problem?

-Gus