ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 2 et al.
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 13:23:14 GMT

  ant -repo=http://Checkstyleplace/jjar -plugin=Checkstyle

>>There is no /need/ to reference others in the central repository.
>

>>You just say (example):
>>
>>   ant -repo=http://jakarta.apache.org/ant -plugin=junit
>>-version="1.1"
>

> mm... this is actually the point. Don't you think this could just actually
> register into a descriptor..descriptor that contains the list of
> installed/to be install antlibs ?
> This way issuing a "ant -plugin=all update" or whatever would update all the
> registered plugins at once... I would not want to go through the command
> line above for the 50 libs I have in my repository while a single one could
> do just fine. :)

Sure. http://jakarta.apache.org/jjar/
Just assume
1. that ant uses the default description location of ant if none is supplied
2. you can supply "dependencies" to the jars. put all the taglib jars as
a dependency, and you can do it all in one download, or separately if
needed.

     <jjar package="veltag"
--->      onlydependencies="true"
           verifyignore="true"