ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 2 et al.
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:11:32 GMT

costinm@covalent.net wrote:

>>>What has 'backward compatibility' to do with that ?
>>>
>>>I actually have a working ProjectHelperImpl for ant1 that supports
>>>expersions in ${properties}, using ${lang:expression} style ( lang: is
>>>used to locate the evaluator ). I'm trying to integrate JXPath and few
>>>other EL.
>>>
>>>The only possible problem may be that someone may have a build file
>>>with a variable with that name. However the 'dynamic' properties will
>>>be enabled only by setting a magic property, so the impact is absolutely
>>>zero.
>>
>>Cool! :-)
>>
>>Keep us informed :-)
>>
>>If you get this out soon Ant 1.6 will have imports, antlibs,
>>expressions! :-D
>

> Antlib and imports can also be done using ProjectHelper hooks - and
> all that should work fine with ant1.5 ( at least that's my target ).

Done. There is a patch on Bugzilla :-)
That's why I'm so interested in the outcome of your expression stuff :-D

> The actual implementation is trivial ( ProjectHelper reads the XML and
> calls the ${} substitution ) - finding a good way to plug different evaluators
> and more important a good story for namespaces is the bigger problem.
>
> ( and of course, finding time ).
>
> The code is already checked in proposals/sandbox/embed, look at
> RuntimeConfigurable2.  ( most of the changes are to support sax2
> attributes, the actual 'dynamic properties' is just the last
> method - I'm still working on the plugin mechanism ).

Can you keep me/us more informed on the actual state and proceedings?
It would be swell, I could integrate the import proposal in that one and
help work on it.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -