ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [warning inflammatory email] Stagn-ant?
Date Sun, 07 Jul 2002 12:33:24 GMT

dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> Long Email Warning....
>
> I've spent some time this weekend reading up on the various proposals for
> Ant 2, and my first reaction is:
>
> 'Is Ant dead?'

:-))

-Javaworld editors' choice 2002
-Development software 2002 Productivity award

If this is _dead_ ;-)

What instead I personally am starting to think, is that Ant*2* is dead.

The proposals are doing an excellent job in driving the incremental
changes in the 1.* releases, which are gaining the Ant2 features gradually.

I think that Ant has big room to grow, as it's doing now; there is the
new <import> tag proposal and patch, the antlib one.
If things continue as now, Ant2 will (maybe) come out of Ant 1.9 as a
natural evolution.

Of course, this is my very personal guess.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -