ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <knut.wannhe...@paranor.ch>
Subject Is ProjectHelper an "official feature"?
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:51:31 GMT
Hi,

I wrote a custom ProjectHelper a while back which I've been using for some
time now.  (I use it to make sure my buildfiles are up to date with respect
to a template buildfile.)  I've also started to play a little bit with
Eclipse and their Ant integration.  Unfortunately there seem to be quite a
few problems with this integration (many related to class loading) which
sometimes have workarounds and sometimes not.  For example, I couldn't get
my ProjectHelper to work at all in Eclipse, so I thought I'd file a bug
report against Eclipse.  However, since I can't find any documentation
documenting the ProjectHelper concept and how it is plugged into Ant
(META-INF/services service provider or system property) I'm not sure if the
Eclipse Ant integration needs to support ProjectHelpers and if filing a bug
report is appropriate.

Therefore my questions:

- Is there documentation around for the ProjectHelper other than Javadoc?
- Is an "Ant frontend" (like the many IDE integrations) required to support
the ProjectHelper feature?

Regards,

--
knut