ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/helper ProjectHelperImpl.java
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 17:47:44 GMT
--- Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> > On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, <costinm@covalent.net> wrote:
> >>And we should recommend that only 'initialization' tasks
> >>should be at top level
> >
> > +1 - together with some examples of what we consider "'initialization'
> > tasks".  My list would be all property setting tasks as well as
> > taskdef and typedef.  Others?

<fail> for sure, now that it supports if/unless, probably <echo> (even
though it doesn't set anything, it can be used to display what has been
set, env vars, version, etc.), and if they were more official, I'd include
the ant-contrib tasks, since you could be nesting property-setting tasks
under things like <if>, etc., but I suppose mentioning them would inch
them over into the more official range, so that's a toss-up.

If I think of any more, I'll get back to you (back to real work for now,
though).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)