ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Buildfile Organization (was: Problems with <import>)
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:22:14 GMT
--- "Patrick (Gus) Heck" <patrick.heck@olin.edu> wrote:
> I would actually advocate that some commiter start a vote so it is
> something that was clearly decided rather than something that never
> really got considered until too late.

Does it require a committer, or can anyone call for a vote? (I thought it
was the latter, but I could be wrong.)

> I expect you will vote against it, [...]

Exactly, since I see no good reason for it. You've stated the reasons why
you think it's a good idea, and I disagree with all of them. It seems like
a completely unnecessary restriction to me (unless there are -technical-
reasons why it would -need- to be done that way).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)