ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Vetoes are void? was Re: [VOTE] target-less build files - counting results
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 10:04:20 GMT
On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 00:35, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, <costinm@covalent.net> wrote:
> > It doesn't matter.
>
> It may not matter to you.
>
> > I consider the subject closed,
>
> So do I, but we do so for different reasons.
>
> > ant will support targetless build files.
>
> Yes.

So far I have have vetoed the change and given reasons which other people have
supported. You have failed to convince me to lift the veto. Thus under
current apache rules the change needs to be reverted. At least thats my
understanding of http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html

However you and Costin have decided that no vetos count anymore - only
majority votes. Because any veto enacts a "revolution" and then that
revolution is accepted by majority - thats the reasoning I believe?

If so I think this needs to be decided by a far larger community as I don't
believe your interpretation is common to the rest of jakarta. If this is your
interpretation then I will take it to the general/pmc lists and discuss it
there and see if the jakarta rules can be changed.

However what I do want for is this be consistent. If one veto is ruled to be
invlaid then all vetoes become invalid become invalid.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald