ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Vetoes are void? was Re: [VOTE] target-less build files - counting results
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:37:50 GMT
 --- Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote: > On Wed,
24 Jul 2002 20:19, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> I have no problem with top level tasks and I have
> never said I did as far as I
> recall. I would prefer that only declarators were
> part of top level but as
> that is nearly impossible to implement due to ants
> wonderful codebase I have
> no problem with making any task a top level task.

Actually, there even was an implementation of this
declarators, which provided exactly this, but was
vetoed (I forget by whom). It worked quite well, we
can bring it back if people like. ;-)

> It follows our current model where work is described
> by targets and is
> requires very little effort to migrate into a fully
> fledged, well modularised
> build file.

Why is it so much more dificult to add:
<target name="main">
</target>

Adding those two lines around a target-less list of
actions does not seem too more dificult to me.
Is there some specific horrible escenario that you are
concern about?

Jose Alberto