ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <condition> inside tasks!!!
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 22:00:12 GMT
On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 02:51, Dominique Devienne wrote:
> Wasn't it you who said the if/unless/os attributes of many tasks should be
> dealt with by the Ant framework, or was it Peter? Task is part of the Ant
> 1.x framework...

Nah, Task isn't part of the framework for the purposes of adding aspects.  If
the framework (the container) can add, remove, or replace, aspects at
runtime, then you end up with a much more flexible setup than if the aspects
are bolted onto Task at compile time.

After trying this kind of thing in myrmidon, it seems one of the simplest ways
to add aspects to tasks, is to use container tasks, like <if>.

> By all means put <if> in Ant now! --DD

I'd love to.  When I get some time, I will.

--
Adam