ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject Re: what I want to see in the next version of ant
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 22:35:44 GMT
--- wrote:
> Any change requires a majority of votes. If a majority of ant commiters
> believe that building on machines that have only JDK1.1 is not as
> important as using new features in jdk1.2 - than I see no reasons not
> to change it in 1.6.

But there is a reason -- we agreed (at some point, many moons ago) that
anything called Ant1.x would be JDK1.1-compatible (BTW: I did mean that
the first time around, and shouldn't have written it JDK1.x), and once we
decided to break with that, we'd call it 2.0.

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message