ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: what I want to see in the next version of ant
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 21:40:04 GMT
--- costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> I think we were making it happen already. There are few changes
> that are proposed, work is well under way - the only question is
> if we'll call it 1.6 or 2.0 or 3.0.

But whether we call it 1.6 or 2.0 makes a big difference in what kind of
changes can get put through. If we're calling it 1.6, then we can't put
through any changes, eg., that break compatibility with JDK1.x. So it's
not just a question of pick-a-name -- the name makes a big difference in
regards to what it actually is.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)