ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: what I want to see in the next version of ant
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 21:14:16 GMT
--- Craeg K Strong <cstrong@arielpartners.com> wrote:
> 2.0 becomes a parallel effort, either a CVS branch or a whole new tree
>
> "focus of innovation" moves to 2.0
>
> 1.x effort continues on, but only for
>   a) bug fixes
>   b) selected new tasks
>   c) minor additions that make sense for 1.x

I agree completely. That's why I said "maintenance releases of 1.5" rather
than "bug-fix releases" -- but if you want to introduce significant
changes (and, personally, I see the ATATT change as significant), then
it'd probably have to be 1.6. In any case, I definitely think it's time to
stop spinning our wheels on 2.0 and actually start making it happen.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)