ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] target-less build files
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:40:52 GMT
On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:14, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Please point me to the "last time".
> >
> > Sam wanted to introduce it.
>
> Yep, here <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=86951893306415&w=2>.
>
> > I believe it was prior to you becoming an ant committer.
>
> Shortly thereafter - doesn't matter.
>
> I couldn't find any mail of you raising objections, though.

Then I doubt I did. I probably supported it ;) Or more likely I supported the
"no top level tasks" approach (if that was discussed at the same time).

However lots of other people made good arguments.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue.  Those of us who
 aren't artists must color things the way they really are or people might
 think we're stupid." -- Jules Feiffer