ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Splitting up optional.jar
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:19:17 GMT
 --- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote: > On
Thu, 18 Jul 2002, John Morrison
> <John.Morrison@uk.experian.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Couldn't the first thing that the core ant do is
> construct it's own
> > classloader and populate it with the optional
> jars?
>
> Already discussed in a different thread (Costin
> suggested to do so and
> has been vetoed because it would break backwards
> compatibility).
>
> There are tasks out there that rely on the stuff to
> be on the system
> classloader.

On the risk of becomming more of a pest that I am
already are, the backward compatibility aregument is
complete crap. As I have said before, just provide
either an option or a different script that loads
everything in the classpath (for those that use this
bad written tasks) and let the rest of ANT move
forward.

What is wrong with that?

Jose Alberto