ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - jakarta-avalon-logkit
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 23:55:26 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 01:57, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Until yesterday this log statement was called before the nested
> fileset has been handled - thus an empty String would have been
> logged, as the Path was empty.
>
> Since yesterday, the instance will be configured completely before
> logging, this will lead to evaluation of the fileset and the exception
> you have seen.  The work-around I've committed will now catch the
> exception and print a warning instead.
>
> Why am I telling avalon-dev?  You rely on a bug IMHO and I'd simply
> ask you to fix your build file (even though the work-around will be
> kept in place to ensure backwards compatibility).

Seems like you have you have just found an easter egg. This is the exact
circumstance I described a few days ago and you said never existed.
Previously delayed eval saved it. Similar cases occur in a bunch of other
circumstances.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
'Most men would rather die than think. Many do.'
                             Bertrand Russell