ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: My itches for 1.6
Date Sun, 14 Jul 2002 00:41:59 GMT
On Sun, 14 Jul 2002 09:47, costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> > >Ok, would it be ok if the ant classes ( core, types, standard taskdefs )
> > >are in the system loader, but the optional tasks are not ?
> >
> > Not for my tasks. They use junit and xslt liasons.
>
> I see.
>
> Well, I think I found a solution that would work even in ant1.5 - by
> using the ProjectHelper pluging, and a reverse loader. Both
> models will continue to work - if you put everything in CLASSPATH, things
> will work as before. If not - it'll be possible to define a Path where
> junit and other jars are located and use it.

That could work. Theres a few gotchas (we prolly want to filter classes that
will search up) but nothing insurmountable I don't think. Well it will
probably be better than what we have now at least ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
The phrase "computer literate user" really means the person
has been hurt so many times that the scar tissue is thick
enough so he no longer feels the pain.
   -- Alan Cooper, The Inmates are Running the Asylum