ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Error output for IOException for Javac
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2002 00:55:46 GMT
This is the catch block for the try in executeExternalCompiler() in
DefaultCompilerAdapter.java:
           } catch (IOException e) {
               throw new BuildException("Error running " + args[0]
                       + " compiler", e, location);
           }

If you got that error, should you expect "e" to have a value? Or would you
expect to get just the location and "Error running javac compiler" printed
out. I see that in BuildException.java it says "cause [...] may be null",
but my question is, in this particular case (Java exception-wise), would
you expect it to be?

(It's also not clear to my why the javac compiler is being run from
something called executeExternalCompiler, but I'll pass on that for now.)

Thanks,
Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)