ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Ant 2 et al.
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 09:46:46 GMT
 --- Stephane Bailliez <stephane.bailliez@haht.com>
wrote:
> [...]

This is the first time I her of JJAR, but to me the
real way to tie it into ANT is thru the antlib
descriptor. You download an ANTLIB and it pulls out
the correct version of any needed third party
libraries. I do not want to have to install 3000
packages just because the is on task that I will never
use that requires it.

We need a lazy mechanism AND A WAY TO SWITCH IT OFF.

> Then again maintaining such information for external
> jakarta project is also
> non negligible work.

If every small set of related tasks where to live in
its own ANTLIB the whole thing would be much more
manageble. ANTLIBs should be almost like subprojects
which can have its onw relese cycle.

Jose Alberto