ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [warning inflammatory email] Stagn-ant?
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 22:20:08 GMT
On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 07:27, Diane Holt wrote:
> ----- Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:
> > As long as there is no for each or repetition tasks I will be happy :)
> > I have no problem with selection tasks.
>
> So how do you envision something like the following being done:
>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=102613095331741&w=2

I dont ;) It requires recursive property resoution or mutable properties to be
useable. Both of which have been kbed multiple times.

BTW I argued for this (along with lightweigh antcalls) for literally months so
it is not like I dont know the value of it. However with its current
limitations it would be a liability rather than an asset and I loathe to add
any more of that sort of cruft to ant.

> Have a <propertyset> datatype that <ant>/<antcall> could use? Is it
just
> that you want the for/while stuff inside the task code,

In the task (not necessarily code) ... ie you guessed it in a template ;)

for-each and similar repetition tasks are usually about applying the same
process to different sets of data. So why not explicitly describe the process
via a task and explicitly define the data as attribute/elements of task?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
 "Man's mind stretched to a new idea never goes back to its original
dimensions." -Oliver Wendell Holmes