ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [warning inflammatory email] Stagn-ant?
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 12:39:11 GMT
On Mon, 8 Jul 2002 15:29, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> > Ant 1.x has been around a very long time now, and some of the proposals
> > have been around for more than a year. It seems that there is a general
> > unwillingness to make a move forward.
>
> Unwillingness?  Maybe. IMHO, I think the problem comes more from a lack
> of defined process for adopting a codebase. Is it by majority vote - is
> there a possibility for veto?

I think the rules for revolutionaries would be standard practice here. It was
not ratified by the PMC but I think that was just a technicality (I vaguely
recall someone wanting to reword a few sections). You could ask Sam for heads
up as I am sure he recalls better than I do.

> certainly be convenient in cases. Things like <try>-<catch> should be
> there IMHO.

agreed ... now if Stefan would just lift his veto .... :)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald