ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 2 et al.
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 10:20:21 GMT
On Mon, 8 Jul 2002 16:03, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> I've seen many projects change codebase and really suffer it, so if it's
> to be done, it will have to give substantial benefits.
> I don't see (maybe I'm wrong) that these changes are that important to
> justify the codebase switch.

Theres only minimal real reason to switch at this stage (at least after ant
1.5 release). Neither does anything absolutely spectacular for the user -
lots of little neat things but nothing must have. Theres significant benefit
for task writers in new proposals but thats neither here nor there.

However there is begining to see some benefits for users coming through in
myrmidon. Overtime more benefits will arise for users especially as it will
hopefully help to consolidate the meta build infrastructures that are
currently being built.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald